PTPTN Education Loan Scheme
Level Of Study:
The PTPTN Education Loan Scheme provides education loans to students pursuing their studies in local institutions of higher learning (IPT). This loan will enable students to fully or partially pay their fees and their subsistence for the duration of their study in the IPT.
- Malaysian citizen
- Below the age of 45 on the date of application
- Passed the Malaysia Certificate of Education (SPM) with credits in any 3 subjects
- Passed SPM for Community College Certificate and Polytechnic Diploma graduates with CGPA 3.0 and above;
- IPTA/IPTS/Polytechnic students must register to pursue courses approved by the IPT Management Department (IPTA/IPTS)/Polytechnic Management Department and Community College of the Ministry of Higher Education;
- IPTS students must obtained the Accreditation Certificate from the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). The course and Accreditation Certificate approval period must still be valid on the date of application;
- Possess entry requirements determined by the Ministry of Higher Education to pursue the course. For students with qualifications that differ from that stipulated, verification that the said qualification is equivalent to the required qualification must be obtained from departments or agencies specified as above;
- The remaining period of study upon application must exceed one year;
- PTPTN loans require two (2) guarantors that must consist of biological father and mother of student regardless of the parents age and income;
- *From 18th May 2009 onwards, SSPN saving terms for PTPTN loans application will be discontinued;
- Have no other sponsor; and
- Loan overall total must not exceed RM65,000.00
Value of Award
Loan disbursement are different according to the type of institutions, level of studies and courses, depending on the parents monthly income. Click here to understand the loan amount per student (in Bahasa Melayu).
For details on loan payment, suspension, termination and repayment, log on to www.ptptn.gov.my.